Space Reservation Guidelines
Please note the following guidelines as you move forward in making your decision about reserving our space:
Requests to reserve space(s) inside the NAH must be made five business days before the event.
Before submitting the NAH Space Request Form, Please familiarize yourself with our Space Reservation Process and Space Reservation Policy.
Please note that completing the Space Request Form does not guarantee a space reservation. The information you provide will be used to determine whether we can accommodate your request.
Space Reservation Process
- Submit a Space Request Form with the details of your event. Please do not resubmit your request if you need to make a change to your request. Instead, please contact the Native American House at 217-265-0632.
- A member of the NAH staff will respond to your request via email within five business days. If you do not receive a response after five business days, please contact the NAH to check on your request.
- When your request is processed, you will receive either an email approval for your event or an email requesting clarification or notifying you that the dates and/or times you requested were unavailable.
- Please do not advertise your event until you have received a final confirmation. If all required items are not submitted, your event may be canceled.
- A request is necessary not only to provide you with the best suitable space but also for correct documentation and statistical reporting to our funding source.
- Please note that the NAH does not advertise your event for you and that NAH staff members are often uninformed about general information about your event (i.e., name of performers, types of refreshments, or precise event schedule).
Space Reservation Policy
The Native American House (NAH) is available at no charge.
- Facility Use: Use of the facility must be consistent with the mission of the NAH and Student Success, Inclusion, and Belonging within Student Affairs. Events must abide by the student code of conduct, including all University rules and regulations.
- Conduct: Individuals or groups reserving space are accountable for the safety and behavior of their members and guests. Any damages or personal injuries are the responsibility of the hosting person or organization.
- Keys: For events outside of regular business hours, keys must be picked up during business hours the day of the event (Friday for weekend events). Keys are issued to a designated individual who is to return them before noon on the first business day following the event, along with the checklist.
- Clean-up: Become familiar with the location of disinfecting wipes, paper towels, broom, and dustpan, as areas (including floors and carpeted zones) reserved by the user will need to be wiped down and cleaned. Remove all garbage/trash, dispose of it in the dumpster behind the NAH and replace trash bags. The NAH is not responsible for food storage and has the right to dispose of leftover items.
- Food/Catered Events: Users are responsible for providing their own disposable plates, cups, silverware, and napkins. Alcohol is prohibited.
- Kitchenette: Dishes, cookery utensils, small appliances (i.e., microwave), and countertops must be washed and thoroughly cleaned before leaving. Do not leave food scraps in the kitchen sink or on countertops.
- Equipment and Resources: Items borrowed from the NAH in conjunction with an event are to remain on the premises.
- Decorations: Decorations are allowed, but do not use tape, nails, or poster putty on the walls. Do not tamper with any exhibited artwork.
- Event Times: Events should end 30 minutes before closing so the building can be cleared and locked. Reserve extra time before and after the event, as users are responsible for their own set-up and clean-up.
- Securing NAH After Event: Front and back entrances must be locked. All blinds must be drawn and closed. If you are unable to secure the NAH, please call Campus Police at 217-333-1216.
- Cancellation of Event: All scheduling changes must be approved in writing through the NAH.
Failure to follow these policies will result in charges and/or suspension from future use.