The Native American House (NAH) serves as a support and resource center for all American Indian and Alaskan Native students and their families. Specifically, the Native American House provides various programs throughout the year that allow students the opportunity to enrich their cultural and academic experiences at the University of Illinois. While fostering a university community that values and actively supports inclusiveness and diversity, the support provided for students ensures a rewarding educational experience.
By making a gift to the Native American House, you will:
- Support the recruitment and retention of American Indian and Alaskan Native students.
- Create a better understanding of diversity through cultural experiences.
- Prepare students to be citizens of an ever changing, global community.
- Help students remain connected to their Tribal Communities and their heritages.
Your contribution can support students in the following ways:
- $9,000 and up = Chat ‘N Chew (Bi-weekly lunchtime series that features resources at the University of Illinois and provides students with introductions to the cultures, histories, and societal issues that the diverse communities of our campus face).
- $5,000 = Native American Emergency Resource Fund: to be used for emergency travel if a student needs to travel back to their tribal community or home.
- $2,500 = One speaker presentation and discussion
- $1,500 = Resource collection acquisitions and periodical subscriptions for a year
- $1,500 = Cultural Indigenous Artist or Art Exhibit
- $1,000 = Campus and Community Engagement
- $500 = Media for NAH resource library (books, dvds, magazines, etc)
- $250 = One blanket for a graduate participating in the Native American House Congratulatory
- $100 = A Native American graduation stole for graduating student